Formula 3® Anti-Fungal
Safe and effective Antifungal Topical Treatment.
Net Contents 1/2 ounce (15 ml)
- Odorless, will not stain, residue free – no removal or cleaning required.
- Absorbed in seconds. Conditions the skin.
- Contains oil soluble Tolnaftate1%.
All our prices include FREE SHIPPING.
FAQ’s about Formula 3 Antifungal
- Is Formula 3 FDA Approved?
Tolnaftate, the active ingredient in Formula 3, has been FDA approved for over 50 years. Tetra Corporation’s proprietary technology makes Tolnaftate oil soluble.
- What is Tolnaftate?
Tolnaftate is an antifungal agent used to treat fungal infections on the skin and foot such as ringworm, jock itch and athlete’s foot. Tolnaftate was synthesized in the early 1950’s by Japanese scientists and was approved as an over-the-counter drug by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 1965. Until Formula 3 was developed, Tolnaftate was insoluble in oil or water and was emulsified in all medications.
- How is Formula 3 different than all the other products that use Tolnaftate 1% as the active ingredient?
Formula 3 is the only oil-based treatment available. It requires no drying time, is odorless, does not stain or leave any residue.
- What makes Formula 3 so effective?
Jojoba oil moves the Tolnaftate to the affected area. Jojoba oil is an all natural oil. It is virtually identical to the sebum produced by our sebaceous glands. In other words, it’s very similar to the oil your skin produces naturally.
- How long does it take to dry?
Formula 3 is an oil and is absorbed in seconds. In addition, it is odorless, does not stain, and leaves no residue.
- Any skin sensitivity associated with the use of Formula 3?
The oils in Formula 3 actually condition the skin. It is extremely rare to have a hypersensitivity to Tolnaftate which may result in a minor skin irritation. Simply stop treatment and the skin will clear. See your doctor if the condition persists.
- What if I am allergic to nuts; any precautions?
Nut allergies are a reaction to the essential oils of the nut. Formula 3 contains no essential oils.
- Can pregnant women use Formula 3?
Tolnaftate has a pregnancy rating of Category C.
- How long do I need to wait to wash so as not to remove or compromise the application?
Formula 3 is absorbed within seconds of contact. Once applied, you do not need to wait to wash or resume your normal routine.
- How many times a day do I need to apply Formula 3?
Twice. Morning and evening, before bedtime.
- How long will a bottle of Formula 3 last?
It depends on the size of the area that is being treated, but usually around 3-6 months.
- When is the best time to apply Formula 3 in the morning; before or after a shower?
It is better to apply Formula 3 after showering when the skin has more capacity for absorption. It should be noted that virtually equal results were achieved with before-shower applications.
- Have there been any side effects?
There is no evidence of side effects associated with the use of Formula 3. A very small percentage of patients have developed sensitivity to Tolnaftate as evidenced by very minor skin irritation and redness.
FootDocStore.com is not affiliated with The Tetra Corporation. FORMULA 3® is a registered trademark of The Tetra Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.